The Latest News
February 6, 2023
DIY Valentine's Date Night In
Valentine's Day is a special time to celebrate your love with your significant other. If you recently moved into a new home, this year's Valentine's Day might feel a little different. But, that doesn't mean it can't still be a memorable and intimate experience. Here are some DIY Valentine's Day date night ideas that you can do in your new home.
- A Romantic Dinner - Cook a delicious meal together in your new kitchen. Try a new recipe, light some candles, and set the table with your best dinnerware. Don't forget the wine! This is the perfect opportunity to enjoy a quiet night in and celebrate your love.
- A Movie Night - Create a cozy movie theater experience in your family room or flex room. Grab some blankets, pillows, and your favorite snacks. Choose a new movie or a classic and enjoy a night in with your loved one.
- A Spa Day/Evening - Turn your home into a spa for two. Stock up on face masks, fuzzy socks, and comfy robes. Fill the tub with bubble bath, light some candles, and play ambient music. Enjoy a free night of unwinding.
- A Game Night - Play your favorite board games or card games in your new home. Make some popcorn and enjoy a night of friendly competition with your significant other.
- A DIY Craft Night - Get creative together by making something special for each other. Whether it's painting, jewelry-making, or a scrapbook, the possibilities are endless. This is a great way to bond and create something special to commemorate your love.
- A Wine and Cheese Night - Enjoy a carefree evening sipping wine and nibbling on cheese. Set up a cheese board with your favorite cheeses, crackers, and fruits. Savor each other's company and the delicious flavors.
- A Picnic Night - Create a cozy picnic in your own home. Spread out a blanket on the floor, decorate with cute Valentine themed blankets and pillows, and enjoy a romantic dinner together. This is a fun and intimate way to celebrate Valentine's Day in your new home.
Moving into a new home doesn't mean that you have to give up on special occasions like Valentine's Day. With a little creativity and effort, you can create memorable and intimate experiences right in your own home. So, whether it's a movie night or a spa night, make sure to spend quality time with your loved one this Valentine's Day.
Ivey Homes is a leading new home builder in Evans, Grovetown and Augusta, GA, and North Augusta, SC, with townhome and single-family home pricing ranging from the $220,000’s to mid $500,000’s. For more information about living in or building a new home in Columbia County, Richmond County, or Edgefield County, visit iveyhomes.com! Connect with us on our Facebook page and Text: IVEY to 77848 for convenient updates.