The Latest News
March 23, 2023
Tips for Finding a Mortgage Lender in 2023
Finding a lender when buying a new construction home can be a challenging task, especially in today's fast-paced and constantly changing mortgage market. Here are some tips to help you find the right lender for your needs:
- Get referrals from friends, family and past buyers - Ask friends and family members who have recently purchased a home for their recommendations on lenders. This can be a great way to find a reputable lender who has experience with new construction homes.
- Research lenders online - Take some time to research different lenders, including their rates, fees, and customer reviews. Look for lenders who have experience with new construction homes and who have a good reputation in the industry. Some lenders also offer special programs that may help with your specific situation.
- Compare rates and fees - Once you have a list of potential lenders, compare their rates and fees to find the one that offers the best terms for your needs. Keep in mind that the interest rate is not the only factor to consider, as some lenders may charge higher fees for processing and underwriting.
- Check for government programs - If you're a first-time homebuyer, there may be government programs available to help you find a lender. Look for programs such as FHA loans or VA loans that are specifically designed for first-time homebuyers.
- Look for a lender who specializes in new construction homes - Some lenders specialize in new construction homes, and they may be able to offer you better rates and terms. Look for a lender who has experience with the builder you're working with and who has a good reputation in the industry. Ivey Homes has a great working relationship with many local lenders that are well versed in the new construction industry and offer special bonuses just for buying an Ivey Home! Ask a community sales agent at your next visit and we're more than happy to lead you to the perfect lender for your situation!
- Work with a local lender - Working with a local lender can have many advantages, as they will be familiar with the local real estate market and will be able to provide you with personalized service.
- Get pre-approved - Before you start shopping for a new construction home, it's important to get pre-approved for a mortgage. This will give you a better idea of how much you can afford and will help you to narrow down your options for a new home.
Finding the right lender when buying a new construction home can take some time and effort, but it's worth it in the end. Research lenders online, compare rates and fees, and look for a lender who specializes in new construction homes. With these tips in mind, you'll be well on your way to finding the right lender for your needs. To save you some time, Ivey Homes keeps a list of preferred local lenders that can help you with your Ivey purchase! On your next visit to one of our communities, ask a community sales associate for our list!
Ivey Homes is a leading new home builder in Evans, Grovetown and Augusta, GA, and North Augusta, SC, with townhome and single-family home pricing ranging from the $220,000’s to mid $500,000’s. For more information about living in or building a new home in Columbia County, Richmond County, or Edgefield County, visit iveyhomes.com! Connect with us on our Facebook page and Text: IVEY to 77848 for convenient updates.