The Latest News
October 21, 2022
Tips for Decorating Your New Home!
We know it can be overwhelming trying to decorate a new home, so we have some tips for you to make it just a little bit easier.
- Pack up old stuff. Before you even close, begin working on packing up your old stuff so moving day is fast and easy. It’s ok to get rid of furniture that you don’t love or has some issues.
- Take it slow. Focus on getting the main furniture in first and then layer in accessories last. There’s no need to have everything you need before you move in.
- Plan out stages. Start on your main stages and then work your way down to the smallest stages. Plan to start with where you will spend most of your time, such as the bedroom and living room and the work your way down to the smaller stages like the foyer.
- Define The Use. Being able to define the use of each space you are decorating will allow you to maximize the space and decorate it according to your needs.
- Set your color scheme. When in doubt keep it neutral and focus on the accent colors later.
- Start with an inspiration piece. Having one piece that you can work around will make the entire process a lot easier. You can choose even something as small as a throw pillow to start your decorating process.
- Visualize with Pinterest or mood boards. Visualizing what you want in your home will make it easier to go shopping for the decorations and much easier to pick out pieces.
- Matching furniture isn’t needed. Collecting pieces overtime and making them all work together looks much better than entire matching furniture sets.
- Hire a designer. If you find yourself struggling to come up with the perfect set up for your new home, you can always consider hiring a designer. You can contact RMS Interiors for help with your new home!
Ivey Homes is a leading new home builder in Evans, Grovetown and Augusta, GA, and North Augusta, SC, with townhome and single-family home pricing ranging from the $220,000’s to mid $500,000’s. For more information about living in or building a new home in Columbia County, Richmond County, or Edgefield County, visit iveyhomes.com! Connect with us on our Facebook page and Text: IVEY to 77848 for convenient updates. SEARCH NEW HOMES